In the language of Appreciative Inquiry, a provocative proposal describes our church in 5 years - but using present tense.
A provocative proposal has these qualities:
• Stated in the affirmative, as if it’s already happening
• Points to real, desired possibilities
• Based on the data
• Creates new relationships
• Bridges the best of “what is” to the best of “what might be”
• Requires a sanctified imagination – pushes boundaries
• Necessitates new learning
• Challenges organizational assumptions and routines
We wrote and affirmed the following proposals in 2020. Hold us accountable in 2025!